How to Rent a Bike in Santorini?Fira is Santorini's capital, where most bike rentals are located. However, rental companies are also found in the towns of Oia and Perissa. Also, even if you are staying in any other village or town, hotels work together with the rental companies to ensure that the rental bikes are delivered to the villa or hotel address.
Rental cars and bikes are also delivered at the Santorini airport and port with varying delivery charges depending on the rental company. If you are net savvy, you can also book the bike online before arriving at the island.
Cost of Renting Bikes in SantoriniThe bike rental costs in Santorini differ from one rental service to another. It also varies according to the model of the bike and the time of the year you are visiting. During the peak summer tourist season (July- August), the price of the vehicles may be slightly higher than during the off-season. However, on average, here is the approximate cost for the different biking rentals across the island. Also, many of them offer discounts depending on company offers and customer requirements.
Scooters – 20 Euros per day
Trekking/Mountain bikes – 15 Euros per day
Motorcycle with gears – 28 Euros per day
Electric bikes – 25 Euros per day
ATV Quad Bike – 40 Euros per day
Most rental companies also organize cycling or biking tours that cover the important landmark destinations of Santorini. Some of the tours are self-guided, whereas others are inclusive of guides. The rates and cost of these organized tours also differ among rental companies depending on the number of days, people, the route, etc.
Documents Required for Renting a Bike in SantoriniTo rent a bike in Santorini, you should have certain documents that are required for checking or submission. Again, each rental agency has its own requirements; however, below are a few general documents that all bike renting companies require.
- Age proof- Only those 18 years old can ride the rental bikes in Santorini. An age-proof document citing the right age is therefore necessary. An adult must accompany an underage person.
- Driver’s License – If the driver is from any European Union country, then the driver’s moped or motorbike license is valid for renting a bike. However, if the driver is from any country outside the European Union, he/she must have a valid international moped or motorbike driving license.
- Driver experience for scooters – The driver must have a minimum of one year of driving experience in large or medium displacement motorcycles.
- Payment methods – Rental companies accept debit cards, credit cards and cash for payment. Some also accept online payments through Paypal accounts.
Insurance PolicyThird party insurance is usually included in the price of the rental. In fact, once you show your driver’s license, the company will make you sign a contract. The driver must pay a deposit amount for insurance purposes, usually the bike's cost. Also, most rental companies add theft and fire insurance to their rates or rental price.
Bicycle Rental Companies in Santorini
1. Motor Inn
Address: Office – M. Alexandrou 1, Kamari, PB 236, Santorini, TK 84700
Tel: +30 22860 31165
Quality control and distribution center address - Fira-Pyrgos Road, (Next to Lidl Supermarket and Alpha Bank), Santorini, TK 84700
Tel: +30 22860 21685
Timings: Monday to Saturday – 8:00 AM – 10:00PM, Sunday – 8:30AM – 10:00PM
2. Santorini MTB Adventures
Address: EBike Adventures O.E, Agios Georgios, Fira, Santorini 84700
Tel: +30 6980 289453
3. Santo Cycles
Address: Dekigala 3, Thira 84700, Santorini
Tel: +30 6947727425
Timings: Monday –Sunday – 9:00AM –9:00PM
4. Blue Island Rental Services
Address: Imerovigli, Santorini, P.C 84700
Tel: +30 22860 23358, +30 6987 902072
5. Eco Bike Santorini Tours
Address: Agios Georgios, Perivolos, Emporio 84703
Tel: +30 6943987559
Timings: Tuesday to Sunday: 9:30AM – 3:00PM, Monday – 9:00AM – 5:00PM
6. Santoride - Rent a Moto
Address: Kamari Head Office, Z. Pigis/Mesarias-Thiras Road, Santorini - 84700
Tel: +30 2286032138
Timings: All days 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
7. Moto Center Lignos Markos
Address: Danezi M 207, Thira 84700
Tel: +30 2286023226
Timings: All days 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
8. Fresh Rent Moto ATV & Car Rental
Address: Mesaria, Mesaria Santorini 84700
Tel: +30 2286034216
Timings: All days 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
9. Moto Manos
Address: Perissa, Thira 84703
Tel: +30 2286081184
Timings: All days 8:30 AM - 10:00 PM
10. Panos Roussos Moto ATV Rental
Address: Karteradhos, Thira 84700
Tel: +30 6955463540
Timings: All days 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
InclusionsAll rental companies provide different inclusions and add-ons in their rental packages. These may differ from company to company. However, below are some inclusions that many rentals provide.
- Unlimited mileage
- Information and maps of the island
- Helmets and gloves
- Driving directions and GPS devices
- Road service with a minimum time to repair and get the vehicle back on the road
- Bike replacement in case of major damage
- Electric charger for e-bikes
- Additional biking accessories
- Tour guides
Things to Know While Renting and Riding a Bike in Santorini
- You must drive on the right-hand side of the road in Greece
- Test the bicycle's condition before renting it to ensure it is efficient and that you are comfortable riding it.
- Ensure you have the dealer's contact number and other details to touch base with the rental company in case of any emergency or information.
- It helps to keep a note of the condition of the bicycle before using it. It gives a clearer picture of the usage of the bike once you return it.
- Even if you want to hire the bike for a few hours, the rental cost will be 24 hours.
- Return the bike on time to avoid additional charges.
- Always carry your driver’s license and rental papers while riding.
- The longer you rent a bike, the cheaper the per day cost.
- If you are not pressed for time, you can visit a few rental companies to negotiate the price before zeroing in on any of them.
- The main roads of Santorini have 2 traffic lanes. And within smaller villages, the roads are narrow.
- There is quite a lot of traffic, especially just before and after sunset. You can leave earlier or later to avoid traffic.
- Fira has free public parking areas that you can use for bikes, motorcycles and cars.