Beach clubs are great places for the young, wild and free to make new friends and enjoy their time here to the fullest. And if you're the introverted type, don't worry. You can have just as much fun by spreading out on a lounger, beer in hand, and soaking in the sun, stunning views and good vibes.
Here are 6 of the most popular beach clubs in Koh Phangan for the young and bold.
1. Infinity Beach ClubLocated right along the Baan Tai Beach, the Infinity Beach Club is among the hippest hangouts on the island of Koh Pha Ngan. The property has a massive outdoor pool, free wifi, speakers cranking up music all day, and a great bar, attracting hordes of young crowds from around the area to choose this place as their prime retreat. You will find many friendly foreigners sunbathing and relaxing in and around the poolside, socialising with each other. Infinity Beach Club also has two restaurants which have delicious menus and plenty of options from western and Thai cuisines. Apart from being a beach club, it is also a hostel where you can stay in shared dormitories with people from all across the world. It is also located around the hotspot of many night beach parties, including the Loi Lay Floating Party, giving you an easy chance to indulge in the nightlife of Koh Pha Ngan.
Location: 17/3 Moo 4, Ban Tai Subdistrict, Ko Pha Ngan
Contact: +66 62 323 3357
2. Sunset Beach Club HotelThe Sunset Beach Club Hotel is by far the most happening and sought-after beach club in Koh Pha Ngan, due to its close proximity to the ever-popular Full Moon Beach Party that the island is best known for. The Haad Rin Beach which hosts the parties is less than a kilometre away from Sunset Beach Club Hotel, making this a suitable choice to prep before or hangout after the party. The property has an impressive layout including 4 outdoor swimming pools, relaxing spas, a gym and a bar, ensuring customers are well provided for. Adding to the luxury of the club are the splendid panoramic views of the sunset and the lush hilly forests that you can enjoy while sipping on a cocktail by the poolside. Sunset Beach Club Hotel also offers an array of fully equipped deluxe suites and private rooms for accommodation at affordable prices that will make your stay here truly memorable.
Location: Haad Rin Beach 120/9 Moo.6, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani
Contact: +66 77 961 878
3. Merkaba Beach ClubIf you are searching for a place where you can turn it up all night, then Merkaba is the place to be. Merkaba Beach Club is the ultimate house party destination in Koh Pha Ngan. Located right on the Haad Rin Beach, it overlooks the idyllic sea and picturesque palms, offering the club a unique party aesthetic. The night-club is an inviting prospect for young partygoers with its booming sound systems, blaring lights, expansive dance floor, huge swimming pool and an unlimited flow of booze and food available at affordable prices. You can expect to party here till the morning if you visit, and create memories for a lifetime. The beach club also organises barbecues during the day, which are great to attend if you are in the mood for a lazy afternoon of engaging in nothing but beer and sunshine.
Location: Haad Rin, Ko Pha Ngan 84280
Contact: +66 89 462 2513
4. Samsara Beach ClubOverlooking an infinite expanse of sea shaded on the sides by coves of palms, the Samsara Beach Club in Koh Pha Ngan is just another one of the extraordinary experiences you can have on the island. Located on the beach with lush jungles surrounding it, staying at this club will be a treat both for your eyes and senses. Decorated with tons of lights and creative installations, the Samsara Beach Club makes for a great beach party location. The ground floor has a large pool that hosts pool parties, while the first floor thumps with live music and DJs belting out some rad tunes. The club is famous for its awesome lineup of music programs and international artists. You can party here till the morning, no holds barred, and then feast your eyes on the surreal sunrise that colours the sky and the waters. Guests have been known to enjoy the best part of their trip to Koh Pha Ngan right here at this club, which keeps them coming back for more every year.
Location: Ban Tai, Ko Pha-ngan District, Surat Thani
Contact: +66 99 921 9813
5. Hansa Beach Club ResortWith the Ban Tai Beach only a minute's walk away, Hansa Beach Club Resort is one of the best bets if you are looking for an authentic beachside holiday. Complete with hay-roofed shacks and plenty of palms sprucing up the property, the Hansa Beach Club Resort has a simple, no-frills atmosphere, offering a peaceful vibe for youngsters, couples and families. (Please note that children below 11 years of age are not allowed here.) The beach club has an outdoor pool, and provides guests with sun loungers and beach umbrellas. It also has a beach bar, which has an easygoing atmosphere, and makes for a perfect place to chill with your friends after a day on the beach. The place also has a beachfront restaurant known as the Tribe Beach Club that is always buzzing with customers and is worth visiting. It is the go-to spot if you are looking for a lively place that serves some unbelievably great seafood and a view of the beach stretching into the horizon.
Location: 52/6 Moo1, Thong Sala, Koh Phangan
Contact: +66 80 039 8179
6. The Beach Club @ Buri Rasa PhanganThe Buri Rasa chain of resorts is a reputed household name in Thailand, so naturally their beach club is bound to be a class apart. The Beach Club @ Buri Rasa is an amalgamation of nature and luxury, with a distinct setup of comfortable loungers, chairs, benches and dining tables right on the Thong Nai Pan Noi Beach. Their aim is to deliver an authentic Thai holiday experience to their guests, especially through their beachfront restaurant which is famed for ranking high on culinary delights. It offers a range of Thai, western and BBQ dishes, tastefully prepared with expert attention to detail by their in-house chefs. Nights at this beach club in Koh Pha Ngan are especially extraordinary, with a plethora of dining and cocktail options, entertainment shows and a peaceful setting.
(Not to be confused with The Beach Club @ Buri Rasa, Koh Samui.)
Location: 55 Moo 5, Thong Nai Pan Noi Beach, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani
Contact: +66 (0) 7795 6075
All in all, the beach clubs in Koh Pha Ngan serve only to double the fun by the beach. Not to forget they are also super convenient- nightclub, after-party location, holiday retreat, restaurant, bar, guest house and viewpoint all rolled into one. So if you're young, wild and zesty, make sure to include a stop or two at these beach clubs when you're visiting Koh Pha Ngan.