International Airports Of Madhya Pradesh
1. Raja Bhoj International Airport (Bhopal Airport)
Cities Connected: Bhopal, Raisen, Shajapur, Dewas, Vidisha, Rajgarh etc.
Proximity to the City: Roughly 5 km north-west of Bhopal City Centre on National Highway 12.
2. Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport (Indore Airport) (International)
Cities Connected: Ujjain, Dhar, Khargone, Dewas, Khandwa
Proximity to the City: 8 km from Central Indore
Domestic Airports In Madhya Pradesh
3. Rajmata Vijaya Raje Scindia Air Terminal (Gwalior Airport) (Domestic)Rajmata Vijaya Raje Scindia Air Terminal or popularly known as the Gwalior Airport is again named after Rajmata Vijaya Raje Scindia. It is located at the Maharajpur Air Force Station in Gwalior. Flights operational from this airport are Air India and Ventura Airconnect mostly to Mumbai and Agra. Some non-scheduled flights from this airport are to Udaipur, Delhi, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Rajpur and Bhuj.
The bus station is located less than 10 km away from the airport and the railway station is still a shorter distance away. Also, there are prepaid taxis and cabs for further journey.
Cities Connected: Morena, Bhind, Sheopur, Datia, Shivpuri
Proximity to the City: Approximately 10 km to the northeast of Gwalior.
4. Dumna Airport (Jabalpur Airport) (Domestic)Jabalpur Airport, also known as the Dumna Airport has connecting flights to eastern Madhya Pradesh and Mahakaushal region and serves tourists visiting Kanha National Park, Pench National Park, Khajuraho and Bhedaghat. Air India, SpiceJet and Ventura Air Connect are the major airlines operating from the area. New Delhi and Mumbai have the maximum number of flights which is 7-10 per week. Other city routes include Chennai, Goa, Belgaum, Lucknow, Bhopal and Hyderabad. It is a small airport with one terminal.
Public transport is well lit with buses, autos, rickshaws and prepaid taxis connecting to the city. Coach services are also available for the convenience of the passengers.
Cities Connected: Mandla, Narsimhapur, Seoni, Damoh, Katni, Umaria
Proximity to the City: 25 km to the east of Jabalpur
5. Khajuraho Airport (Domestic)
Khajuraho Airport is a civil aerodrome under the Airport Authority of India. Flights of major airlines like Air Sahara, Jet Airways, Indian Airlines and Kingfisher Airlines provide regular flights to cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Varanasi, Indore, Bhopal, Allahabad and Agra. The local bus stand is situated at a short distance from the airport and can be reached through auto rickshaws. Private taxi and cabs are also easily available at the airport terminal to reach the main city.
Cities Connected: Satna, Damoh, Tikamgarh, Hamirpur, Banda, Shadol
Proximity to the City: 3 km from the town and 4 km from the railway station
So, here you go with the airports- pack your bags and head to Madhya Pradesh this season. Happy travelling!