For all those who do require a visa, the Schengen visa needs to be obtained from the applicable embassy/consulate i.e. The Embassy of Sweden. It costs 60 euros. Processing of visas generally takes up to 15 days from the day of registering. The visa is valid for maximum 90 days in a 6 month period.
Visa Policy for Indians
Indians require the Schengen visa for visiting Sweden. It costs 60 euros and is processed in minimum 15 days post registration. It is authorised by the Embassy of Sweden in India. Steps for applying for a Schengen visa -
- Before applying - be sure of your purpose of visit.
- Complete your Visa Application Form (available online) and attach required documents.
- The form, along with the fee, then needs to be submitted to the Sweden Visa Application Center by the individual himself. The passport can be collected from the applicant's house for an extra charge of Rs. 300. Further, VFS charges a fee of Rs. 822 as well for its services.
- The application can be tracked online post submission.
Visa for Indians - Fee & Requirements
- Visa Application Form
- Passport-size photo
- Round trip reservation or itinerary
- Travel health insurance policy - documents
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of sufficient means of subsistence
Countries that do not need a Visa for Sweden
All countries in the Schengen area/zone.
Places to Visit In Sweden