Tags : National Park
Time Required : 3-4 hours
Entry Fee : Rp 50,000 per dayRp 150,000 per calendar year
Planning a Trip? Ask Your Question
The Bunaken National Park is a marine park located on the north-west side of Indonesia near the Sulawesi Islands. This biologically rich region is located near the centre of the Coral Triangle and is home to 390 types of coral, fish, molluscs, reptiles and other various marine mammals. It covers a region of 890.65 km² out of which 97% is the marine-based environment. The remaining 3% of the Park includes the five islands of Bunaken, Manado Tua, Mantehage, Nain and Siladen. In 1991, it was formally set up as a national park and is now among the first of Indonesia's developing marine parks.
The Bunaken National Park is a representation of a typical Indonesian tropical water environment, which comprises of extensive mangrove stretches, seagrass beds, and coral reefs. Some of the land animal species that exist on the coast are Timor deer, Sulawesi bear cuscus, Celebes crested macaques and polecats (Ailurops Ursinus). It is also wealthy in its flora with diverse types of palm, sago, woka, silar and coconut. The area is densely populated and provides a strong and rich tourist experience.