- Get your accommodation in advance and book safaris well in time.
- Keep in mind the timings of the park. The park is closed between July and September and the visiting hours are during day hours only.
- Wear comfortable and light colored clothes
- Maintain the rules and regulations of the National Park.
- Elephant safaris are the safest for tiger tours.
- Make sure that a forest guard is with you all the time to ensure your safety.
- Carry binoculars and cameras
- Carry a photo identity card with yourself all the time
Ask a question from people who travelled to Bandhavgarh National Park recently
Shreyas and 223 others have others have helped over 1,000 users travelling to Bandhavgarh National Park
How to reach Bandhavgarh from Delhi?
The route to Bandhavgarh National Park from Delhi can be taken through Jabalpur. The driving distance from Delhi to Bandhavgarh is 918 KM, if you're up for a two day drive. You can also take the Hazrat Nizamuddin Jabalpur Superfast Express from Nizamuddin Station which takes you to Jabalpur in about 14 hours. The train is available all 7 days of the week. From Jabalpur you can drive down to Bandhavgarh in about 3-4 hours.
8 months ago by Shashwat Kant
How is the route from indore to bandhavgarh national park for road trip?
The route from Indore to Bandhavgarh National Park is quite long, approximately 650 km. If you decide to do a road trip, you will pass through many pretty places in Madhya Pradesh, situated on the fertile Deccan Plateau.
7 months ago by Holidify
You can either drive down from Allahabad to the Bandhavgarh National Park, approximately 250 km away. You could also take the Sarnath express from Allahabad Junction to the Chandia Road station, which is 50 km away from the Bandhavgarh National Park. The trip should take you 5 - 6 hours.
7 months ago by Holidify
1. What is cheapest way to book elephant safari? 2. What is the order of preference for gate/area for best probable chance of tiger spotting? 3. Does the "permit" for jeep safari purchased from official gov website assure an entry to the park? Or does the Jeep also have to be booked in advance? 4. Any information on the official govt accomodation inside the tala area of the forest?
This is what I know from when I went there: 1. Elephant safari is not readily available - you will need to get prior permission from the Field Director. 2. Tala area is by far the most popular one for tiger spotting. The other areas have tigers, but spottings are much less often. 3. You can book the Jeep safari either online (bookings open the day before), or after reaching at the gates. Permit is provided with the booking. 4. Tala area is a completely protected forest with no hotels inside it. However, there are a lot of resorts 2-5kms from the main gate.
7 months ago by Kovid Kapoor