Bala Quila Fort or the Alwar Fort is situated in the Aravalli Range, above the town of Alwar. Built in 15th century by Hasan Khan Mewati, it has been under the rule of the Marathas, Yadavas, and the Kachwaha Rajputs. According to the Hindu Puranas, the fort is the strength of the King. The literal meaning of the 'Bala Quila' is the Young Fort. Laxman Pole is the only metalled road which connects the Fort to the Alwar city. The silver pages of history speak that Pratap Singh, the founder of Alwar state entered the fort through this metalled way only.
In 1775 A.D. Kachhwaha Rajput Pratap Singh captured the fort and laid the stones of Alwar city. With a distance of 595 m, the massive fort is visible from the city itself. It gives a majestic look of the town as it is perched on a 300m high cliff. It spreads over an area of 5 km from North to South and 1.6 km from East to West. The forts have six gates which are Jai Pol, Suraj Pol, Laxman Pol, Chand Pol, Krishen Pol and Andheri Gate. These gates speak of the valor and chivalry of the Rajputs. The walls are finely crafted with ancient scriptures and sculptures. Each and every part of the fort echoes the features of the history.
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free
No reviews yet
Be the first to add a question