You’re sure to be taken away by the vibe and menu of these 23 hipster cafes in Kuantan -
1. Kula Cakes
Along Jalan Besar is the moderately expensive Kula Cakes where vegetarian and vegan foodstuffs pack the food menu. Extremely popular for its mango cheesecake and chocolate cake, this cafe in Kuantan offers a wide variety of hot and cold drinks. With an outdoor seating arrangement, Kula cakes have a nice setting. The beautiful melodious music played in the backdrop adds to the relaxing ambience of this cafe.
Location: 96, Jalan Besar, 25000 Kuantan
Timings: Monday - Sunday - 11:00AM - 6:00PM
2. Ombok Cherating
All the cravings for American style pancakes and a sizable English breakfast are fulfilled at Ombok Cherating. This cafe in Kuantan serves vegetarian and vegan grub along with refreshing drinks like the Tamarind Ginger and Calamans. The delicious food items like sandwiches and plates of pasta, attentive and friendly staff and the lovely ambience add the locals as well as the tourists to the frequent list of this cafe. Don’t forget to try the fish and chips, spicy tuna pasta, and pancakes.
Location: No 1006-1 , Kedai Jalan Kemaman, Jalan Kampung Cherating Lama, 26080 Kuantan
Timings: Tuesday - Sunday - 10:00AM - 5:00PM, Closed on: Monday
3. 90 degrees Cafe & Art
Tremendously popular amongst natives of Kuantan, 90 degrees cafe is a beautiful and trendy place to hang out with friends and family. Housed in a refurbished grocery store and pretentiously artistic, this wooden cafe is divided into two levels. At the lower level, dining takes place whereas the higher level is a completely dedicated event space where monthly art exhibitions are hosted. This instagrammable cafe impresses its sweet-toothed gourmands with the lavish Truffle scramble and homemade natural ice-cream.
Location: 882, Jalan Air Putih, Taman Imbi, 25300 Kuantan
Timings: Friday - Sunday: 10:00AM - 12:00AM, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10:00AM - 11:00PM, Closed on: Tuesday
4. Beanz & Co.
Beanz & Co. is a voluminous cafe in Kuantan specializing in Mix and Match Waffles and the lip-smacking chocolate banana toast. The magnificent glass wall constructed at this cafe serves as a snap point and a place for the sunlight-seeking visitors. Beanz & Co. also contributes as an event space and can have a comfortable capacity of 80 pax.
Location: A892, 2, Lorong Sri Kuantan 42, Perkampungan Seri Kuantan, 25250 Kuantan
Timings: Monday - Thursday: 12:00PM - 11:00PM, Friday and Sunday: 12:00PM - 11:30PM, Saturday: 12:00PM - 10:30PM
5. Micasa Cafe by the RiverOffering a photogenic view of the Kuantan river, Micasa Cafe by the river is a romantic venue that has a menu brimming with Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Korean, and Malaysian grub. Featuring an al-fresco type of seating, chowhounds can savour upon their meal while being seated on wooden chairs or the soft cushion seats here. Glossy wooden planks, pretty canopies, huge glass window panels, and fairy lights decorate the outdoors which serves as an event space. Don’t leave without tasting the delectable desserts, plates of pasta, coffee, and ice blends that are cheerfully served here.
Location: c/o Mega View Hotel, Lot 567, Jalan Pasar, 25000 Kuantan
Timings: Thursday - Tuesday - 11:00AM - 11:00PM, Closed on: Wednesday
6. Cafe MarionIf in Cherating, then visitors should definitely drop at Cafe Marion where yummy pastries and desserts are served. This slightly expensive cafe impresses its customers with a scenic beach view, melodious music at the backdrop, and the amazing artworks that are laden here. Keep in mind to taste the “Dark Chocolate Tart” and “Lemon Meringue”.
Location: 1011, Jalan Kampung Cherating Lama, Kampung Cherating
Timings: Thursday - Monday - 12:30PM - 6:30PM, Closed on: Tuesday and Wednesday
7. Coffee GalleryAwarded Kuantan’s Best Hipster Cafe in 2016, Coffee Gallery is a cosy cafe that astonishes its customers with top-notch quality coffee. This coffee is the product of premium Arabica beans and different and exciting brewing methods. Surprisingly, all the coffee sorts are valued at or below RM10.00!!!
Location: Star City, A-17, Jalan Sri Kuantan 80, 25250 Kuantan
Timings: Tuesday - Sunday - 9:30AM - 12:00AM, Closed on: Monday
8. about: Espresso and Brew Bar
about: Espresso and Brew Bar is an excellent place to expect that lip-smacking cup of coffee. Their coffee mocktail amalgamates espresso ice cubes, ginger ale, a slice of grapefruit, and thyme, which is a must-order refreshment. Remember to taste their extraordinary charcoal waffles with salted egg sauce and ice cream before leaving.
Location: 57, Lorong Seri Kuantan 65, Taman Kuantan, 25250 Kuantan
Timings: Wednesday - Monday - 12:30PM - 6:00PM and again from 8:00PM - 11:30PM, Closed on: Tuesday
9. The Rolling Dough
Absolutely inexpensive is this lovely cafe called “The Rolling Dough” serving western cuisines. This Kuantan cafe is known for its signature dishes like Pumpkin Carrot Soup, Durian Snow-skin Mooncake, Chilli Chocolate Cake, Sweet Onion Tofu with Mushroom Rice Bowl, and the cronut and chicken floss sandwich.
Location: 4468, Lorong Alor Akar 15, Taman Mewah, 25250 Kuantan
Timings: Tuesday - Sunday - 10:30AM - 11:30PM, Closed on: Monday
10. Tjantek Cafe and Art Bistro
With a retro-style setting, Tjantek cafe in Kuantan serves Malaysian and International cuisines that can be combined with some liquid refreshments. This eatery is also endowed with a beautiful garden and has placed tables not only in the hotel but also on the walkway for gastronomes to relax and enjoy their meal. This noshery happily boasts of its signature dishes like waffle, matcha latte, carbonara, Aglio, fish, and chips.
Location: 46, Jalan Besar, 25000 Kuantan
Timings: Sunday - Tuesday - 9:00AM - 10:00PMThursday - Saturday - 9:00AM - 11:00PM, Closed on: Wednesday
11. Kemaman Kopitiam
One of the most famed cafes in Kuantan owing to its dark, flavoured, and piping coffee is the Kemaman Kopitiam that boasts of an extensive menu incorporating Asian, Malaysian, and fusion comestibles. Quite popular for its halal specialities, this eating place serves satisfactory dishes to its customers like nasi dagang, Mee Mamak, and fish curry. Giving a Chinese coffee shop kind of vibe, this food outlet has employed friendly staff members that deliver food punctually.
Location: 21-42, Lorong Tun Ismail 12, Sri Dagangan Bussiness Centre, 25000 Kuantan
Timings: Open for 24 hours (Daily)
12. Brew and Cabin CafeBrew and Cabin Cafe is one of those eateries in the Kuantan town bragging of International, Asian, and Malaysian nosh. Serving dinner meals, Brew and Cabin Cafe also serves highly aromatic grilled food and has Lamb Chop, chicken chop, fish and chips, and Spaghetti Carbonara. Remember to taste the excellent as well as instagrammable artistic latte before leaving!!!
Location: A-37, Lorong IM 15/19, Bandar Indera Mahkota, 25200 Kuantan
Timings: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday - 1:00PM - 10:00PM, Friday - 2:30PM - 10:00PM, Closed on: Tuesday
13. Pull A Shot Specialty Coffee
Started in 2015, Pull A Shot Specialty Coffee is one of those comfortable cafes that offer an inviting aroma of some finely brewed coffee sorts. Acquiring its coffee beans from Coffeehead Roastery which is their own roastery, this coffee house has a menu mushrooming of all classifications of espresso. Coffee addicts are free to choose any type of bean to happily brew a coffee at their residence.
Location: A-245, Ground Floor,, Jalan Air Putih 2, Kuantan, 25300 Kuantan
Timings: Monday - Sunday - 9:00AM - 11:00PM, Closed on: Thursday
14. Rasa Sayang CafeRasa Sayang cafe in Kuantan is known for its nectarous desserts, Vietnamese coffee, Pandan Yakult, and Honey Lemon Yakult as well as the admirable collectables housed in the wooden shelves that give one a nostalgic kind of vibe. Featuring a minimalistic decor, this cafe has included nicely furnished wooden seating options.
Location: A25, Jalan Sri Kuantan 80, 25250 Kuantan
Timings: Monday - Sunday - 10:00AM - 10:00PM
15. Nineteen61.CafeTop-up to the other hipster cafes in Kuantan is the Nineteen61.Cafe that has a menu replete with unique dishes like Mac & Cheese with Crispy Turkey Burger, Matcha Affogato, Salted Egg Pumpkin Sandwich, and KitKat Stick Waffle. There’s a massive glass window offering calm sunlight during the day besides serving as a snapping point for its customers.
Location: B-3, Lorong Sri Kuantan 25, Taman Intan, 25250 Kuantan
Timings: Monday - Sunday - 11:00AM - 9:30PM, Closed on: Wednesday
16. Java Flava CafeOne of the best hipster cafes in Kuantan is the Java Flava Cafe serving delicious Western grub and specializing in hand-crafted coffee. Welcoming its customers with a warm ambience, this homey vibe is the perfect place to chill and hang out with friends and family on weekends. Well-furnished with modern decor and vintage twist artworks, Java Flava also serves itself during events such as birthdays, family dinners, engagement parties, and many more! Bear in mind to indulge yourselves in a cup of cappuccino or the die-for Rose Marie Latte.
Location: B-1786, Lorong Sekilau 30, Perkampungan Bukit Sekilau, 25300 Kuantan
Timings: Sunday, Friday, and Saturday - 10:00AM - 12:00AM, Monday - Wednesday - 10:00AM - 11:00PM, Closed on: Thursday
17. The 92s CafeRecently added to the list of hipster cafes in Kuantan, The 92s Cafe happily brags ts signature dishes like the wood-fired pizza, 5 Formaggi which involves 5 different kinds of cheese, and satay turkey ham. The black dining tables, warm yellow lights, and beautiful interior at this air-conditioned cafe give one a cosy and relaxing vibe. This affordable cafe has ample parking space and friendly staff members which leads to the crowding of this charming cafe.
Location: A7, Transit Point, Jalan Dato Lim Hoe Lek, Taman Union, 25200 Kuantan
Timings: Monday - Sunday - 11:00AM - 11:00PM
18. Norfa Book CafeMaktabah Nursalam or Norfa book cafe is a unique cafe in Kuantan that was initially a typical book store selling books on Islam and faith. Later on, this bookstore got converted into a book cafe where people can read these religious books while enjoying a cup of aromatic coffee. The lunch menu of this book cafe includes popular grubs like fish and chips and curry noodles!!!
Chat with your near and dear ones while nibbling some local and international cuisines along with sipping the renowned coffee at one or more of the above-mentioned hipster cafes.Location: B26 GROUND FLOOR, Lorong Tun Ismail 6, 25000 Kuantan
Timings: Monday - Sunday - 9:00AM - 6:00PM