1. Lucknow Airport - Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport
Cities connectedDistance from the city centre: 12 km
For dearth of regularly functioning airports, most tourists prefer to reach Uttar Pradesh through Lucknow and then travel ahead by public/ private transportations. Some immediate cities connected to it are Sitapur, Kanpur, Unnao, Auraiya, Rai Bareilly, Barabanki etc.
2. Varanasi Airport - Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport
Cities connected: Jaunpur, Mirzapur, Chandauli, Ghazipur etc.Distance from the city centre: 19 km
3. Agra AirportAgra Airport also is known as Kheria Airforce Station, is a military airbase and public airport serving in the city of Agra, synonymous with the Taj Mahal. It is located on the VIP Road decently close to the city. Currently, Air India operates scheduled flights to Delhi, Varanasi and Khajuraho, but very occasionally.
Cities connected: Mathura, Hathras, Aligarh, Firozabad, Bharatpur, Dhaulpur etc.
Distance from the city centre: 5 km
4. Kanpur Airport - Chakeri AirportKanpur Airport, also known as the Chakeri Airforce Station is located in the Kanpur Cantt area of Kanpur district. In the 1970s, this airport was regularly operated between Kanpur, Allahabad, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai and Delhi which was partially public and partially for the airforce. It shut down for a long period in between and was re-started in 2016. Currently, only AirIndia provides flights to Delhi and Kolkata.
Cities connected: Lucknow, Hardoi, Rai Bareilly, Etawah, Fatehpur etc.
Distance from the city centre: 14 km (approximately 20 minutes)
6. Gorakhpur AirportGorakhpur Airport, now known as Sri Mahayogi Gorakhnath Airport is located in the Airport Area, Gorakhpur District. Operated by the Airports Authority of India, it is one of the major airports of Uttar Pradesh. It has a limited number of commercial flights, most of which are only to Delhi. It is closely connected to the main city and local modes of transport- private cars, auto-rickshaws, buses etc. are easily available.
Cities Connected: Deoria, Kushinagar, Azamgarh, Maharajganj, Sidkhdharth Nagar, Basti etc.
Distance from the city centre: 8 km
6. Allahabad AirportAlso known as the Bamrauli Airport, Allahabad Airport is operational for domestic flights to Delhi and Mumbai on a regular basis. Currently, only AirIndia and SpiceJet are in service.
Cities connected: Kaushambi, Jaunpur, Chitrakoot, Chhatarpur, Satna etc.
Distance from the city centre: 12 km (approximately 20 min)
7. Hindon AirportHindon Airport is the second commercial airport in NCR after Indira Gandhi Internation Airport in Delhi. Hindon Airport serves the city of Ghaziabad. The airport is located in Sahibabad, adjacent to the airbase. Currently, only a few airlines operate through this airport.
Cities connected: GhaziabadUpcoming Airports in the State (proposed)
Distance from the city centre: 15 km
Noida International Airport
Kushinagar International Airport