Char Dham Yatra Average Trip Duration (with a helicopter): 2 Days/ 1 Night, 5 Days/ 5 Nights
Starting Point: Sahastradhara helipad in Dehradun
Starting Time: Helicopters start at 7:00 AM (It is recommended to reach the helipad an hour before your scheduled time)
Char Dham Tour Packages By Helicopters Starting Price: INR 1.3 Lakh to 1.6 Lakh Per Person (for both 2 days and 6-day packages)
Char Dham Yatra Dates
Char Dham opens every year in April or May and closes in October or November.
Char Dham Yatra to Kedarnath, Badrinath, Yamunotri, and Gangotri is open for pilgrims from Rudraprayad, Uttarkashi and Chamoli district. A negative RT-PCR test report is mandatory.
Char Dham Yatra RegistrationThe Uttarakhand Government made it mandatory for pilgrims and devotees to register themselves by way of biometric registration. After the process is complete, biometric cards are issued to them. The process is really easy and devotees can register themselves at one of the centers on the Char Dham Yatra route. This allows the government to track them and ensure safety for all. The card also gives pilgrims the opportunity to use the card for special facilities like food and accommodation.
Visit the official website dedicated to Char Dham Yatra registration. https://registrationandtouristcare.uk.gov.in/
Fill in the required details, including personal information, ID proof, and the proposed date of visit.
After filling in the details, you will be required to upload a scanned copy of an ID proof like Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, PAN Card, or Passport.
After successful registration, you will receive a Registration Number. Keep this number handy as it will be required for future references.
Print the Yatra e-pass, which will be generated after successful registration.
Biometric registration counters are available at prominent locations, including Haridwar, Rishikesh, and a few more starting points of the Yatra.
You will need to fill a form and provide a photo identity card at these counters.
Once your details are verified, you will be issued a Yatra pass.
Additional Points to Remember:
The registration is free of cost.
Make sure to carry the original ID proof (the same one used for registration) during the Yatra.
Registration is essential for everyone, irrespective of age.
It's recommended to register well in advance to avoid last-minute hassles and to get a preferred date for the Yatra.
Chota Char Dham Yatra (Uttarakhand Circuit)
The Chota Char Dham route covers the span of Yamunotri-Gangotri-Kedarnath-Badrinath. If you wish to undertake a road trip to the holy sites, then a route map from Delhi will follow the course of Delhi-Haridwar-Barkot-Yamunotri-Uttarkashi-Gangotri-Guptakashi-Kedarnath-Badrinath-Rishikesh-Delhi.
Kedarnath by Helicopter
Kedarnath, one of the renowned sites within the Char Dham circuit, sits majestically at an altitude of 3,553 meters amidst the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas. While the traditional approach to this sacred temple involves rigorous trekking, there's an alternative for those seeking convenience or those who may not be physically able to undertake the trek: a helicopter ride.
There is no road access available to the temple and it can only be reached through a tough, uphill 18 km long trek which starts from Gaurikund. Helicopter services to Kedarnath typically commence from various locations, including Dehradun, Phata, Sersi, and Guptkashi. The aerial journey to Kedarnath not only provides a swift and hassle-free travel option but also offers pilgrims the unique experience of beholding panoramic views of the dramatic mountainous landscapes, verdant valleys, and winding rivers below. For safety reasons, there's a strict luggage limit, often set around 2-5 kgs per person.
Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter Price
|Round Trip Fare
|Guptkashi - Shri Kedarnath
Trans Bharat Aviations
|Phata - Shri Kedarnath
Global Vectra Helicorp
|Sersi - Shri Kedarnath
|Himalyan Heli Services
Note: Convenience Fee & PG Charges are payable extra.
Visit https://heliyatra.irctc.co.in/ to register and book a helicopter to Kedarnath.
Chota Char Dham Yatra - Helicopter Packages
Duration: 5 Nights / 6 Days
Itinerary: Haridwar(0N) → Yamunotri(1N) → Gangotri(1N) → Kedarnath(1N) → Badrinath(1N) → Haridwar(1N)
Price: ₹ 180,000* per adult onwards
Sightseeing in a private cab
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 1: Dehradun to Kharsali(Helicopter) - Kharsali to Yamunotri Temple - Overnight stay at Kharsali.
Day 2: Kharsali to Harsil(Helicopter) - Harsil to Gangotri Temple(Car) - Overnight stay at Harsil or Gangotri.
Day 3: Harsil to Guptkashi(Helicopter) - Guptkashi to Kedarnath(Helicopter) - Overnight stay at Guptkashi
Day 4: Guptkashi to Badrinath(Helicopter) - Overnight stay at Badrinath.
Day 5: Return to Dehradun.
Chota Char Dham Yatra - Temples
Yamunotri Temple at Western Garhwal Himalaya, Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand.
Timings: 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM
How to reach: The nearest airport is Jolly Grant in Dehradun about 200 km away and Dehradun Railway Station is around 185 km away from Yamunotri after which you will have to hire taxis. Yamunotri town is well connected by roads public transport is available till Hanuman Chatti, 14 km away from Yamunotri Temple.
Gangotri Temple at Gangotri, Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand
Timings: 6:15 AM to 9:30 PM
How to reach: Jolly Grant Airport and Dehradun Railway Station are the nearest hubs at 270 km and 245 km away respectively from Gangotri. Gangotri town is well connected by roads and public transport is readily available at transport hubs Rishikesh, Dehradun, and Uttarkashi.
Kedarnath Temple at Kedarnath, Rudraprayag, Uttarakhand
Timings: 4:00 AM to 9:00 PM
How to reach: Jolly Grant Airport and Rishikesh Railway Station are the nearest hubs at 240 km and 220 km respectively away from Kedarnath. Gaurikund has the nearest motorable roads with public transport from Rishikesh, Delhi, Haryana, Srinagar and more.
Badrinath Temple at Badrinath, Chamoli, Uttarakhand
Timings: 4:30 AM to 9:30 PM
How to Reach: 315 km away from Badrinath is Jolly Grant Airport and at a distance of 320 km is Haridwar Railway Station. Badrinath is connected by good enough motorable roads and has buses running from Delhi, Haryana, Chandigarh, Haridwar and more.
Do Dham Kedarnath and Badrinath via Helicopter
Do Dham Yatra between Kedarnath and Badrinath in one day is provided by different service providers which come around to INR 90,000 per person. The packages usually include VIP Darshan passes, car services and guides but exclude food.
The itinerary for this package would look like this,
Dehradun: Sahastradhara Helipad to Guptkashi(Helicopter) - Guptkashi Helipad to Kedarnath(Helicopter) - Kedarnath to Kedarnath Temple(10-minute trek) - Kedarnath to Badrinath(Helicopter) - Badrinath to Badrinath Temple(Car or trek) - Return(Helicopter)
- Only 5 kg of luggage is allowed on helicopters. Pack necessities only, preferably in a handbag as the helicopter might not have space for larger containers. Weighing is usually done by the pilot before take-off to ensure safe flying.
- Ensure that you carry a medical kit as you will be traveling at high altitudes.
- The locations are cold throughout the year. So, woolen clothes and all kinds of winter wear should be carried along with you without fail.
- Carrying identification is absolutely necessary for all passengers. Aadhar Cards for Indians and passports if you're a foreign national.
- You are required to provide the service provider with medical fitness certificates to travel to high-altitude areas to avoid serious medical emergencies.
- Bad weather conditions, Indian Air Force valley flying, VVIP movements, helicopter technical snags, delay in clearance from Air Force and Civil Aviation can lead to no or postponed flying.
- In case of overstaying outside of days mentioned in packages, expenses should be borne by you.
- Make sure you go through the terms and conditions, cancellation policies of the service provider before you choose the travel package.
- 5 nights/6 days packages are usually recommended for senior citizens and differently-abled passengers as there will be an ample amount of time for Darshan.
- All helicopter departure timing: 7:00 AM from Sahasthradhara Helipad, Dehradun. So, make sure you reach early to avoid issues.
- Food is usually provided with the travel packages except for one-day packages. Street food is also available at certain places on the way.
Terms and Conditions
- The timings of flight are subject to change according to weather conditions and matters out of human control.
- The full amount of the trip has to be deposited about a month prior to the journey usually split into two parts, 50% in advance for booking and the rest later.
- Complimentary food might be provided accordingly with your selected travel package.
- Your selected package might not have GST included in the prices, so make sure to clarify the same.
- Children above the ages of 2 will require a full ticket.
- There are no special provisions for children, senior citizens, and the differently-abled as such. But if needed, make sure to mention it well in advance in order to make the necessary arrangements.
Cancellation policies depend on the service provider, for example, the aforementioned yatra.com will not refund your money if you cancel less than 30 days before departure and Chardham Tour has a no refund policy if you cancel less than 10 days before departure. Make sure you read up on the particular company policies.